A teenager has died in a Perth hospital after unwittingly consuming a drink containing methanol in Indonesia.

Liam Davies, 19, became sick after a new year celebration with friends on Lombok, near Bali.He was flown back to Perth several days ago on the advice of doctors, but they were unable to save him.Family members have described him as a fun-loving and active teenager, who had represented Australia in lacrosse and had dreams of seeing the world.They issued a statement on Friday warning others about the dangers of consuming locally-brewed alcohol in overseas countries when the quality could not be determined.There has been a growing number of cases of methanol poisoning in Indonesia.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
It's free