FESTIVE CHRISTMAS CHEESE SPREAD {Recipe}

If you like this, please consider PINNING it for me! Thanks!

Festive Christmas Cheese Spread. Easy and unique!

This recipe was given to me by my oldest, dearest friend, Stephanie.  We grew up across the street from each other from the time I was 3 and she was 5.  She is a huge part of my childhood memories and I love her dearly.  She blogs over at A DAILY SCOOP.  She has a great perspective on life.  If you stop by her blog, tell her hello from me!

Anyway,  this is a really yummy and different recipe.  As I was making it yesterday I decided it is basically a deconstructed cheese ball.  Stephanie makes it in a square shape but I decided with the red and green colors of it it would look great as a Christmas Tree.  It’s a really easy recipe and you can make it all ahead and assemble an hour before the party.

IMG_0553

Festive Cheese Spread

Ingredients:

  • 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 c sweetened coconut
  • 1 jar Mango Chutney (or apricot jam) [Chutney is found by the bbq sauce and Asian foods, usually on the top shelf]
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced finely
  • 1 cup Craisins
  • 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
  • Crackers for serving (Wheat Thins are preferred)

Directions:

Mix together your cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and coconut.  Form into a Christmas tree on your serving platter.  The tree should be about 1” high with straight sides.  Cover and chill until ready to assemble.

IMG_0508

Finely chop your nuts.  I use a food processor.  Slice up your green onions (I wouldn’t do this more than a few hours in advance).  Boil your dried cranberries in water (or orange juice if you have some on hand) until they are plump.  Drain, and allow to cool completely.

IMG_0512

IMG_0515

IMG_0519

When ready to assemble, pour mango chutney over cheese and spread out to cover completely.  Sprinkle nuts over top, then green onions, then cranberries.  Don’t put onions and cranberries on the trunk of the tree.  I had extra berries so I put them under the tree like presents or a tree skirt.

IMG_0550

Serve with crackers and enjoy.

Festive Cheese Spread

Ingredients:

  • 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 c sweetened coconut
  • 1 jar Mango Chutney (or apricot jam) [Chutney is found by the bbq sauce and Asian foods, usually on the top shelf]
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced finely
  • 1 cup Craisins
  • 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
  • Crackers for serving (Wheat Thins are preferred)

Directions:

Mix together your cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and coconut. Form into a Christmas tree on your serving platter. The tree should be about 1” high with straight sides. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.

Finely chop your nuts. I use a food processor. Slice up your green onions (I wouldn’t do this more than a few hours in advance). Boil your dried cranberries in water (or orange juice if you have some on hand) until they are plump. Drain, and allow to cool completely.

When ready to assemble, pour mango chutney over cheese and spread out to cover completely. Sprinkle nuts over top, then green onions, then cranberries. Don’t put onions and cranberries on the trunk of the tree. I had extra berries so I put them under the tree like presents or a tree skirt.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
It's free
item