DELICIOUSLY EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS {Recipe}

Pumpkin Muffins! Guess what the secret ingredient is!

The other day after returning home from our 8 day trip back east, I looked at the calendar and realized I was supposed to bring snacks for my son’s preschool class.  That day was a field trip to a pumpkin farm.  The theme for the week was pumpkins, so I decided I could whip together some of those easy pumpkin muffins that just use canned pumpkin and a cake mix.  I’ve made them before and while they aren’t my favorite I figured they were good enough for a preschool class.

Well, I went into my pantry and saw a carrot cake mix and decided that would be a lot yummier.  As I got started mixing the cake mix and pumpkin together, I decided to doctor up the recipe a bit to give it more flavor and make it yummier.

The result was super moist and really delicious pumpkin muffins!  I will definitely be making these again soon so I wanted to share the recipe with you all.  They are so easy and yummy!  Enjoy!

Recipe: Deliciously Easy Pumpkin Muffins

From the Kitchen of: Emily Nelson

Yield: 12 muffins or about 36 mini muffins

Ingredients:

  • One carrot cake mix (just the dry ingredients)
  • One 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or ½ tsp. cinnamon, ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ¼ tsp. ginger, pinch of cloves)
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
  • ½ c. dried cranberries
  • ½ c chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate chips for this recipe)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Mix first five ingredients together with hand mixer. Stir in cranberries or chocolate chips. Bake in greased or lined muffin tins until the tops spring back when gently pressed with finger, about 18 minutes for mini muffins, 23-25 for regular muffins. No need for butter!!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
It's free
item